Established in 1945, Little Red Door is the oldest, local cancer resource in central Indiana striving to make the most of life and the least of cancer, helping over 7,500 Hoosiers each year. By reducing the physical, emotional, and financial burdens of cancer for the working poor and unemployed Hoosiers, Little Red Door enables patients to understand, detect and navigate cancer, while opening the door to Hope.
Little Red Door offers a variety of free services including screening and detection, client service, education and client navigation. We schedule and facilitate free year-round screenings for Breast, Cervical, and Prostate Cancer. We provide several free programs including transportation to and from treatment, wigs, breast prostheses and bras, incontinence supplies, ostomy and medical supplies and free nutrition supplements. We also offer Camp Little Red Door, a week long camp for Indiana children ages 8 to 18 who are battling cancer or are in remission. We also work to “fill in the gaps” for breast clients by offering services including, but not limited to providing contact and program information for local and national resources that help address basic needs.
Reducing Financial Burdens
- Free nutritional supplements
- Free medical supplies
- Free wigs and turbans
- Free breast prosthesis/bras
- Free transportation to and from chemotherapy and radiation treatments along with follow up appointments
- Free screenings to detect breast, prostate, and cervical cancer
- Free breast clinical breast exams (CBE's), mammograms, ultrasounds, and biopsies to further detect the possibility of a malignancy after a cancer screening has been performed
- Free ostomy supplies
- Free incontinence supplies
- Free lymphedema supplies