CANCER SURVIVORS DAY: Sunday, August 15, 2021
This year, Little Red Door Cancer Agency will be back at the Indiana State Fair on Sunday, August 15th for Cancer Survivors Day (CSD). Little Red Door and its partners will center the celebration on Survivors Lane, located on the south side of the fair next to the Events Center. Survivors Lane will be a full row of resources, activities and a public art project, all dedicated to cancer prevention education, survivorship, and celebration. It is so important to our organization to celebrate survivorship as well as connect those survivors and patients to local resources.
We are looking for individuals who are interested in volunteering with us for a shift on August 15th! Please see below for more information:
- Morning shift: 8am-12pm
- Afternoon shift: 12pm-4pm
- Evening shift: 4pm-8pm
- All volunteers will receive one free admission ticket to enjoy the fair before/after their shift.
- Volunteer roles include working a Little Red Door booth with a designated staff member, passing out CSD stickers at entry gates, and other duties as assigned.
HELP NEEDED: Volunteer Delivery Drivers
Little Red Door Cancer Agency is in need of new volunteer delivery drivers to help deliver nutritional supplements, medical supplies, care packages and durable medical equipment to clients who are currently going through their cancer journeys. This commitment requires drivers to volunteer one shift, every other week. Shifts can be accommodated anytime, Monday-Thursday. Each driver will take 2-5 (never more than 5) deliveries per shift. The time commitment for this volunteer opportunity will vary a bit by how many deliveries there are and the distance between residences, but should never require more than two hours of your time.
We are looking for volunteers who can deliver supplies in Marion, Delaware, and Henry county.
Volunteer Delivery Driver Requirements Include:
- A valid driver’s license
- Own vehicle + proof of insurance for vehicle
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds
- We will conduct a background check once delivery drivers are selected
Hear from Brian, a Delivery of Hope driver, first-hand about his impactful experience!
If interested, please reach out to Development Coordinator Megann Kramer at MKramer@littlereddoor.org.
If you are not able to be a delivery driver check out some of our other volunteer opportunities below!
- Monday Night Volunteer Program
- On the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month from 6pm-8pm volunteers assist with Little Red Door’s greatest volunteer need projects might include assembling care packages to be sent to new clients, hand writing notes or stuffing folders.
- Blanket Making
- Hand tied fleece blankets are included in each care package that is sent out to new Little Red Door clients. There are opportunities for groups to work on blanket assembly together, at our office, or this can be done on your own time in the comfort of your home. Availability based on your own schedule
- Garden Club
- Every Wednesday at 5pm join Fred Duncan, Director and CEO and Garden Club Lead Volunteer, Ellie Hall, to plant seeds, harvest fruits and vegetables, and maintain beds by pulling weeds and dead plants. Skilled or new gardeners welcome!