Why do you/your team give your time to LRD?
- At Oaktree Financial Advisors, we choose to give to Little Red Door because we really appreciate how the money that we donate stays local. Knowing that you are giving to an organization that helps Hoosiers right here in Central Indiana was important to us. I know firsthand how tough a cancer diagnosis can be because as a child, I lost my mother to cancer. Finding an organization that helps individuals in need get through their cancer journey was also important to us.
How did you all start helping LRD?
- Two years ago, our first experience with Little Red Door was at the Face of Hope Breakfast. It’s very moving to hear the stories and watch the videos of clients who have been served by Little Red Door. We also donate bottled water to Lilly employees who make blankets for LRD during their Lilly Day of Service. At Oaktree Financial Advisors, many of our clients are Eli Lilly employees, so donating water to their Lilly Day of Service is always important to us.
What is your favorite aspect or program at Little Red Door?
- Our favorite program at Little Red Door is the Face of Hope Breakfast. Knowing that all of the money that is raised during the breakfast goes toward helping a cancer patient get a wig, a ride to treatment or a protein shake that they might not be able to afford otherwise is really rewarding. We also like the fact that the money raised stays local.
Why is partnering with us valuable to you?
- Partnering with LRD is important to us because after hearing the speakers and seeing the videos that are shown at the Face of Hope Breakfast, you really see how much your donation can impact someone. Helping someone get back to some type of “normal” is the most important thing to us. Giving is important, and the breakfast is a great reminder of why you decided to give in the first place.
What would you say to others to encourage them to partner with Little Red Door?
- Giving your time and/or money is so important because you can see the impact that LRD makes locally.
What do you want people to know about why you give to Little Red Door?
- It’s hard enough to go through a cancer diagnosis and I imagine not having proper resources makes a diagnosis even tougher. That’s where Little Red Door steps in; they are like a safety net to those in need in our Community.